Sunday 25 January 2009

Vehicle History

09 ER 18


manufactured in may 1967 & went into service with the British Army in july 1967 where it was held at the Central Vehicle Depot, Ludgershall. On the 30 Oct. 1967 it was sent to 26 Armoured Engineering Squadron, British Army on the Rhine. On 26 june 1969 was transferred to the Kings Own Scottish Boarders Regiment, BAOR. On 22 march 1971 it was transferred to 1 Queens Own Highlanders, BAOR, on 4 april 1975 it was transferred to 17b Vehicle Depot, BAOR. On 11th november 1975 it went to serve with 2 Royal Tank Regiment, on 15 march 1977 was transferred to 5 Inniskillen Dragoon Guards. on 12 june 1984 it was sent to the Ordnance Depot, Antwerp on 27 june 1984 it was returned to 37 Rhine Workshop on 11 december 1984 it returned to the Ordnance Depot, Antwerp, authority was given to transfer vehicle to 33 Squadron, 1 Armoured Division Transport Regement in december 1984 & it arrived on 3 january 1985. on 12 september it was transferred to 1 Armoured Division Transport Regement. On 19 july it was sold at the vehicle sales Munchengladbach.

3 comments:

  1. if you served in any of the places above & by any chance remember this vehicle 09 ER 18 we would love to hear from anyone who served in her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great site! I new about the Alvis prior but now I need to know MORE! I just bought 2 of them here in Arizona..USA. Mine are called the "super stolly" What do I need to know...where can I get parts, manuals.... let me know..please!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm ex 4 Sqn, 1ADTR RCT. I was a Stally section commander for some years. Also an instructor on them. I eventually was put in charge of all 4 Sqn Stally's. Looking after their PRE's, Servicing etc: When it came to all of them going to Munchengladbach for sale. I helped to arrange all the Regt's Stally's getting shipped down by train. Then parking them all up at Munchengladbach. Proud to say I parked the very last one up myself.

    Great piece of kit, and like any true Stally boy. I still miss them :-)

    ReplyDelete